Wedding planning is stressful – that is a universal truth even psychologists agree with. However, it doesn’t have to be a complete turmoil – even if you haven’t hired a professional wedding planner who would otherwise help you plan everything from A to Z, it is still important you have friends and family who would be more than happy to make sure you are happy too.
So, what are some of the things your friends and family can do for you throughout the entire wedding planning process? Read on and find out more, so that you plan the most amazing wedding in Gatlinburg!
• Ask them to shop for the dress with you. In general, it is best to keep your wedding gown shopping entourage as small as possible – but that doesn’t mean you cannot invite a friends whose taste you trust (and most importantly, whose opinion you trust). This will make them feel really special, and it will definitely help you in the planning process as well.
• Invite them to do a reading during the day. Some of your closest friends and family members may not have made it to the wedding party – but that doesn’t mean they cannot be part of the wedding day per se. For instance, you could ask them to do a reading for you – this will make for such sentimental, unforgettable memories!
• Ask them to show off their skills. Do you have any friends who can sing, play an instrument, cook, bake, or anything along those lines? Of course, you will want to hire professionals for these wedding elements – but how about adding even more personality and candor to your wedding and inviting your talented friends to show off their talents too? For instance, your friend could play a song at the reception!
• Ask them to get ready with you. Getting ready for the wedding will be hugely emotional – so you definitely want to be surrounded by your closest friends and family. Ask them even if they’re not part of the wedding party – they will be happy to join in and share your emotion with you!
Looking for a superb wedding venue in Gatlinburg? Contact Bluff Mountain Inn and allow us to be the ones who will host the most amazing, unforgettable and fun day of your entire life. Contact us today – you won’t regret it!
Many times, Sevierville brides and grooms feel obliged to do a lot of things – from wearing the white dress because it’s the tradition to inviting a lot of people they don’t actually know because that’s what their parents want.
What happens when it comes to the wedding party, though? Are there people you just feel you have to include in this special VIP group of the Big Day? Well, your instincts may be good on this, actually. We have gathered some tips to help you make the right call – so read on to find out more.
- Spouses and life partners. OK, just because you invited someone to be your bridesmaid or groomsman, it doesn’t mean you have to do the same with their significant others as well – not unless your own SO is good friends with them and wants them in their side of the wedding party.
- Parents and godparents. You love and cherish them – and you’re definitely thankful for having been raised by such amazing people. However, it isn’t necessary to invite them to be part of the wedding party itself. They’re already hugely important for the course of the entire Big Day, so they will have their own special roles to play throughout the event.
- Former college friends. You got along with your sorority sisters and roommates – but that doesn’t mean you have to invite them in your wedding party, especially if you aren’t that close to them anymore. Invite them to the wedding, sure, if you want to – but don’t feel pushed into inviting them to be your bridesmaids or groomsmen.
- Your SO’s opposite sex friend. It’s perfectly fine to be OK with your SO having an opposite sex friend. But if you’re not that close to them, you don’t have to feel like they have to be part of your side of the wedding party. We’re more than certain that, as true friends, they will understand the situation and they will not even mind not being included in the wedding party.
Have you found the perfect wedding venue in Sevierville? If you are still searching for the right one, be sure to come and visit Bluff Mountain Inn. Our superb wedding venue will offer you a dream-like Big Day in the Smokies – surrounded by the splendor of nature and the people dearest to you. Contact us today!
Your bridesmaids are very, very important. They are the ones who will be right there, by your side, at the altar. The ones that will announce your entrance down the aisle. The ones who will help you send the invitations, as well as the Thank You notes.
How to choose your bridesmaids? Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Don’t think numbers. Old wedding etiquette said there has to be a particular number of bridesmaids for the number of the guests. However, this doesn’t stand true anymore. The same happened to Maid of Honors too (you can have two of them, they don’t have to be unmarried, or even women for that matter).
- DO take availability into consideration. If one of the proposed-to-bridesmaids says she won’t be able to be very involved in the wedding planning, consider this. Are you OK with it, or do you want all of your bridesmaids to be fully involved in planning? If you’re not OK, talk to your friend about this.
- Don’t feel obliged to add anyone to your wedding party. If they are a relative and if your mom or his mom insists on it, you might want to consider it at least. If you know your mom or his mom would get really upset over this, try to add that person to your bridal party (if not as a bridesmaid, then at least as an usher, wedding ceremony reader, and so on.
Looking for a beautiful wedding venue in Gatlinburg? Contact Bluff Mountain Inn right now, and come see the splendid mountainside wedding venue we have here! You are bound to love what we offer here, from every single point view. The landscape, the elegance of the venue, the quality of the services – they’re all expecting you here!
It is a well-known fact that weddings are very, very stressful – but, as a bride, you should try to keep this to an absolute minimum. The last thing you want is stress to ruin your wedding day – right?
When do you know you have grown to be too stressed out, though? We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- You don’t actually enjoy wedding planning. Despite its ups and downs, wedding planning shouldn’t feel like that. It should be fun and imaginative, it should be your dream come true. When you start feeling that wedding planning is just not enjoyable anymore, take a break, run away with your fiancé and relax yourselves. You deserve this – and more importantly, you deserve to be genuinely happy throughout the entire engagement.
- Everything in your life revolves around wedding planning. When every single minute of your life is about one thing, it gets really easy to go down a slippery slope and simply get fed up with that one thing. And yes, this applies to wedding planning as well. Try to keep your work-life-wedding planning balanced – it’s best for everyone!
- You procrastinate way too much. When you stop enjoying something, procrastination can easily creep in – and it’s just the kind of thing that will generate even more stress later on. If you feel you’ve been postponing some wedding tasks for far too long, take a short break and start again when you feel re-energized. It will be worth it.
Looking for a fantastic wedding venue in Gatlinburg? Contact Bluff Mountain Inn and come see what a splendid location have here! Come see what a superb wedding venue we have prepared for this utterly special time in your life! Book us right away and you will not regret your choice!
Getting married is an obviously huge step in anyone’s life – and while now you may be excited about the engagement and the wedding planning ahead of you, it is also important to know that you should definitely have a few serious discussions with your fiancé before you walk down the altar.
What are these discussions and why are they so important? Read on and find out more.
- The name question. Will you take his name, will you keep yours, or will you hyphenate them? This is a serious discussion to have – the last thing you want is to learn that you’re not necessarily on the same page on this after the wedding. It may not be the most entertaining chat you will ever have with your future spouse, but it’s essential.
- Your dreams. What do you want to do in life? What are the places you want to see, the things you want to experience? What is your dream job and how will you two tackle a busy schedule? Discuss your dream life together and vow to help each other achieve them. THOSE are the happiest marriages!
- The children. Do you want children? How many? When do you want to have them? Will one of you stay at home, at least part time to take care of them? What happens if infertility issues appear? Of all discussions, this might be the most difficult one, but it’s something you both need to agree on before signing the papers.
Already had these discussions? Searching for a marvelous wedding venue in Gatlinburg? Contact Bluff Mountain Inn right now and book our splendid wedding venue – you will never regret your choice! Contact us and allow us to help you create unforgettable memories!