The famous bouquet toss is one of the oldest wedding traditions in the book – and, as it seems, it is one of the most likely to withstand the wave of changes the wedding world has been going through for the last decade or so.
Of course, a lot of couples have the bouquet toss at their wedding – but do you really have to do it too?
We have some tips for you – keep reading to find out more.
- In general, it is considered that the bouquet toss is very popular among brides and grooms – but in reality, only about 50% of the couples choose to include this moment in their wedding. There are many reasons to do it – and many reasons that make people not want to do it as well.
- The bouquet toss can be a very fun moment and it can make the entire wedding more memorable. However, it is perfectly understandable if you don’t want to include this moment in your wedding. For example, you may simply not like it – and that’s perfectly OK.
- You may also have just a few unmarried ladies invited to your wedding – and under these circumstances, having a bouquet toss moment might make them feel like they’re in the spotlight and it might make them feel a little awkward. Again, it’s perfectly OK to skip the bouquet toss altogether.
- Another reason not to have the bouquet toss is related to its origins. When the tradition was just starting out, people considered brides to be very lucky, and they wanted to “steal” a piece of their good luck. Thus, they would tear flowers off their attires, bouquets, and sometimes, they would even tear pieces of her dress to bring them good fortune.
- If you don’t want to have a traditional bouquet toss at your wedding, you might also want to consider altering it a little. For instance, you could offer your bouquet to the couple who’s been together the longest (e.g. your grandparents). This is a wonderful way to honor them and their love story (and to show the world that you want to experience the same level of happiness in your marriage as they are).
Searching for a splendid wedding venue in Sevierville? Contact Bluff Mountain Inn and come check out the beautiful venue we have prepared for brides and grooms like you. We guarantee you will LOVE it here!