We want to be super straightforward about this: wedding planning will never be actually easy, especially when you want to do everything on your own. However, some things can make your life easier as you plan one of the most amazing events you will ever host.
Following, we have gathered some of the absolute essentials that are frequently forgotten when planning a wedding – so read on if you want to find out more.
- You don’t have to jump right into wedding planning from Day One. You have just gotten engaged, take your time to savor this moment and really seize every single inch of beauty surrounding you and embracing you and your emotions. There will be plenty of time for wedding planning, so spend your first days of engagement celebrating with your loved ones before you jump right into the budgets, wedding venue search, and color scheme options.
- Going the DIY route is not always the best idea. You can do it with a couple of details that can actually make a difference – but other than that, you might want to hire the pros and actually buy the décor. Remember, your guests will spend about four hours at your wedding reception, so they might not notice how much work you’ve put into all the small details if you go the DIY route.
- When it comes to wedding stationery, expect to pay about 5-10 % of your wedding budget on this. The more customized you want your stationery to be, the more expensive it will be. For example, letterpress, engravings, and other similar services will almost always end up costing you more.
- Beyond anything else, your wedding cake should TASTE amazing. So our advice for you is to prioritize the taste of the cake, rather than the looks (which can be adjusted in a million ways if you find a pastry chef that can deliver an absolutely delicious cake). Focus on finding the best cake chef in the Gatlinburg area and then talk to them about the cake décor options.
Looking for a stunning wedding venue in Sevierville? Contact Bluff Mountain Inn and allow us to help you host the most amazing wedding your guests have ever been to! Contact us and we promise you will love our wedding venue from A to Z – and so will your wedding guests!
Summer weddings are very, very popular – and for a large number of reasons. The high likelihood of sunshine, the abundance of flowers, the possibility to create a unique wedding menu based on actually fresh produce – there’s a very long list of things that will make you fall in love with the idea of a summer wedding.
What are some of the most important tips to keep in mind when doing this? We’ve gathered the top crucial summer wedding planning tips for you – so read on if you want to find out more.
- The heat will absolutely ruin everything. It really doesn’t have to be so and there are solutions for every single heat-related problem. For example, your cake doesn’t have to sit out in high temperature (you can get a “dummy” cake for the display and serve people sheet cake from the kitchen when the time comes).
- You can definitely wear long sleeves if that’s what you’re attracted to. Long sleeves are incredibly elegant and trendy right now, so it’s understandable if you’d like a dress that incorporates them. For a summer wedding you can opt for organza long sleeves, lace sleeves, and so on – they will not keep you too warm, but still offer you that sophisticated touch of a long-sleeved dress.
- You don’t HAVE TO choose a super-summer-y color palette. You can pretty much choose whatever color scheme you want – even one that’s based on the eternally elegant black. It’s all about the way you incorporate this into your entire wedding décor and how you make it work with the landscape and wedding venue.
- Last, but definitely not least, it doesn’t HAVE TO be all flowers and greenery. Sure, they are gorgeous, and greenery is a relatively inexpensive way of bringing energy into your wedding décor. But if you want something different, there are plenty of options for you. For instance, you could use books as wedding centerpieces, or a small vintage luggage on every table (if you’re a travel aficionado couple, for example). The only limit you have is your own imagination!
Looking for a gorgeous wedding venue in Sevierville? Contact Bluff Mountain Inn and we guarantee you will love every single inch of this superb wedding venue we have prepared for you here. Contact us, come see what we offer and book us! You will never regret making this decision!
Decorating a home and decorating a Sevierville wedding are different – but they show a lot of similarities as well. So, given that there’s not much to do with the wedding décor once the Big Day is over (aside from selling it), re-using some of the elements into your new home can be a really good idea.
What are some of the wedding décor items you might want to use as home décor as well? We have some ideas for you – read on and find out more.
- Succulents are very popular right now and they can work wonderfully especially for summer weddings, when you want to be absolutely certain your green décor won’t whither by the end of the day. Because they’re so resistant, succulents can be taken home and used as décor after the wedding – you can do this, or you can offer them to your guests in little containers (e.g. teacups) as wedding favors.
- Bulletin board. If you want to display your wedding guests’ seating cards in a cute way, this is it. A bulletin board is highly customizable, so it works with a variety of wedding themes – and it can work equally well in your home, when you want to organize information (e.g. you can use it in your home office).
- Water, soda, and tea dispensers. These beverage dispensers are almost indispensable for a summer wedding, especially when you want to bring that cute rustic touch into the Big Day. The best part about including these in your wedding day is that you can re-use them for the exact same purpose at home as well (to make fruity water, for example).
- Bar cart. If you want to create a really beautiful candy bar, a bar cart will surely be a great support. Plus, you can re-use it at home as well – to display sweets, or, why not, to display cocktail ingredients in your living room. This will be a wonderful addition at any party you plan on throwing at home in the future, so don’t be afraid to invest in something really nice!
Have you booked your wedding venue in Sevierville yet? If not, be sure to contact Bluff Mountain Inn and come see the splendid space we can offer for your Big Day! With us on your side, your wedding is bound to be absolutely memorable from all points of view!
There’s a long list of reasons you have chosen this person to be your Maid of Honor. She’s most likely your best friend (or at least one of them), she knows you very well, and, ultimately, you know you can count on her for anything – regardless of whether it’s addressing the wedding invitations or just offering a big hug and a sincere “it’s going to be OK”.
You want your Maid of Honor to be genuinely happy on your wedding day in Sevierville– but what are the things she wants you to know, even if she’ll never actually spell them out? We have some tips for you – read on and find out more.
- There is A LOT of drama going on behind you. But your MoH knows you’re already very stressed out and she is handling everything with the utmost grace and dedication. She takes her role as a leader seriously and coordinates all the bridesmaids to do everything you want them to do – and, in times of trouble, she knows how to deflate a conflict and make it look absolutely perfect in your eyes. She is, in many ways, your very own personal super-hero.
- This is all quite costly for her. Not only is she buying the dress and everything else she’ll wear on the wedding day, but there’s a big chance she has already footed the bill for a variety of bridal shower and bachelorette party elements as well. Ask her if she is OK with all of this – and ask her if there’s anything you can do to help her cut down the costs.
- She wants a dress she can actually feel good in – and that’s why she will definitely vote for a mismatched wedding party. Not only will this give her the opportunity to dress as she feels best in, but it will also help her narrow down the odds any of the other bridesmaids rises against your decision (because they will have the chance to wear their design of choice as well, so they’ll have nothing to argue against).
Have you booked your Sevierville wedding venue just yet? If you are still planning and on the lookout, be sure to come and see what a splendid place Bluff Mountain Inn is. Elegant and surrounded by nature, our venue is a dream come true – so you will absolutely love it, from the first moment you see it for the first time.
Are you a bride-to-be planning your wedding in Sevierville? If so, you definitely want your wedding gown to look absolutely perfect on you – but how do you do that? What are the things you should definitely do if you want to make sure your wedding dress looks really, really good, on you? We have gathered some tips for you – so continue reading if you want to find out more.
• Every bride needs her dress altered. This is not just a random tip, and it has nothing to do with your body shape or size. Truth be told, very few brides can actually fit into the stock version of their dresses – and that happens because we are all built differently. We are not meant to look exactly the same, and that’s fine. That’s exactly why wedding gown alterations were created for. • Finding a good seamstress is crucial. It doesn’t even matter how amazing your usual seamstress is – if she doesn’t have experience in altering WEDDING dresses, it’s probably best for you to go with someone who has. Your bridal boutique will most likely be able to offer you such services for a fee – but if they don’t have anyone in-house to handle this, they can definitely give you some great recommendations.
• Schedule your fitting appointments right. It is absolutely crucial that you don’t plan your last fitting too far from the wedding day. You might lose weight before the wedding date, and in that case, your last fitting will not be as “valid” anymore (and there might not be enough time for a new round of wedding dress alterations).
• Bring someone with you. Your wedding dress fitting entourage doesn’t have to be extremely large. On the contrary – one or two people whose taste you trust will be more than enough.
• Bring your accessories with you. And yes, that means the actual accessories you will wear on the Big Day: your shoes, your undergarments, and everything else. Bringing these will help your seamstress do the perfect alterations to suit you when you are wearing your entire bridal attire.
Looking for a gorgeous wedding venue in the Sevierville area? Contact Bluff Mountain Inn right now! Our beautiful wedding venue is ready to host your wedding day and make you and your loved ones feel fantastic under our roof. Contact us today and you will definitely love it here!