Your bridesmaids are very, very important. They are the ones who will be right there, by your side, at the altar. The ones that will announce your entrance down the aisle. The ones who will help you send the invitations, as well as the Thank You notes.
How to choose your bridesmaids? Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Don’t think numbers. Old wedding etiquette said there has to be a particular number of bridesmaids for the number of the guests. However, this doesn’t stand true anymore. The same happened to Maid of Honors too (you can have two of them, they don’t have to be unmarried, or even women for that matter).
- DO take availability into consideration. If one of the proposed-to-bridesmaids says she won’t be able to be very involved in the wedding planning, consider this. Are you OK with it, or do you want all of your bridesmaids to be fully involved in planning? If you’re not OK, talk to your friend about this.
- Don’t feel obliged to add anyone to your wedding party. If they are a relative and if your mom or his mom insists on it, you might want to consider it at least. If you know your mom or his mom would get really upset over this, try to add that person to your bridal party (if not as a bridesmaid, then at least as an usher, wedding ceremony reader, and so on.
Looking for a beautiful wedding venue in Gatlinburg? Contact Bluff Mountain Inn right now, and come see the splendid mountainside wedding venue we have here! You are bound to love what we offer here, from every single point view. The landscape, the elegance of the venue, the quality of the services – they’re all expecting you here!
It is a well-known fact that weddings are very, very stressful – but, as a bride, you should try to keep this to an absolute minimum. The last thing you want is stress to ruin your wedding day – right?
When do you know you have grown to be too stressed out, though? We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- You don’t actually enjoy wedding planning. Despite its ups and downs, wedding planning shouldn’t feel like that. It should be fun and imaginative, it should be your dream come true. When you start feeling that wedding planning is just not enjoyable anymore, take a break, run away with your fiancé and relax yourselves. You deserve this – and more importantly, you deserve to be genuinely happy throughout the entire engagement.
- Everything in your life revolves around wedding planning. When every single minute of your life is about one thing, it gets really easy to go down a slippery slope and simply get fed up with that one thing. And yes, this applies to wedding planning as well. Try to keep your work-life-wedding planning balanced – it’s best for everyone!
- You procrastinate way too much. When you stop enjoying something, procrastination can easily creep in – and it’s just the kind of thing that will generate even more stress later on. If you feel you’ve been postponing some wedding tasks for far too long, take a short break and start again when you feel re-energized. It will be worth it.
Looking for a fantastic wedding venue in Gatlinburg? Contact Bluff Mountain Inn and come see what a splendid location have here! Come see what a superb wedding venue we have prepared for this utterly special time in your life! Book us right away and you will not regret your choice!
Getting married is an obviously huge step in anyone’s life – and while now you may be excited about the engagement and the wedding planning ahead of you, it is also important to know that you should definitely have a few serious discussions with your fiancé before you walk down the altar.
What are these discussions and why are they so important? Read on and find out more.
- The name question. Will you take his name, will you keep yours, or will you hyphenate them? This is a serious discussion to have – the last thing you want is to learn that you’re not necessarily on the same page on this after the wedding. It may not be the most entertaining chat you will ever have with your future spouse, but it’s essential.
- Your dreams. What do you want to do in life? What are the places you want to see, the things you want to experience? What is your dream job and how will you two tackle a busy schedule? Discuss your dream life together and vow to help each other achieve them. THOSE are the happiest marriages!
- The children. Do you want children? How many? When do you want to have them? Will one of you stay at home, at least part time to take care of them? What happens if infertility issues appear? Of all discussions, this might be the most difficult one, but it’s something you both need to agree on before signing the papers.
Already had these discussions? Searching for a marvelous wedding venue in Gatlinburg? Contact Bluff Mountain Inn right now and book our splendid wedding venue – you will never regret your choice! Contact us and allow us to help you create unforgettable memories!
Everyone loves Ed Sheeran for the natural way he takes over the stages, for the sweet melody of his songs and for the deep, meaningful lyrics he always brings forward in his work. Did you know he’s definitely off the market starting with the beginning of 2018?
Yes, Ed Sheeran is engaged – and we have some of the most important things you should know about this celebrity love story. Read on and find out more!
- The lucky girl is Ed Sheeran’s childhood sweetheart – which truly melts the hearts of everyone, precisely because it adds a very special layer of sweetness over their entire love story.
- It’s not certain when the proposal was made, but the announcement was made at the beginning of 2018 – and no, nobody knows the wedding date just yet.
- Rumors say Ed Sheeran plans on building a small 28-person chapel in his own backyard, so there’s a pretty big chance the couple will choose to stay intimate and far from the public eye, just as they’ve done throughout their entire relationship. Isn’t that absolutely adorable?
- Some say the couple already got married, but that has been since confirmed to be untrue. The reason this rumor started to catch fire is related to the ring people have noticed on Ed Sheeran’s third finger (on the left hand). However, he has since confirmed that the ring he’s wearing is an engagement ring (yes, you read that right!), proving, once again, that he truly is an incurable romantic!
Have you gotten engaged too? Looking for a superb wedding venue in the Gatlinburg area? We have something really special for you: Bluff Mountain Inn, an idyllic location surrounded by the splendor of nature, decorated in a genuinely tasteful way. Contact us and come see what we offer – you will be charmed!
It doesn’t matter if you plan on having an actual Southern Wedding or if you just want to inspire yourself from this type of weddings – food will always be a very important element to consider.
What are some of the most delicious Southern Wedding-inspired food ideas you could “steal” for your wedding day too? We have some suggestions for you – so read on and find out more.
- A DIY biscuit food station. Want to offer great food and entertainment to your guests? Food stations are really fun – and everyone loves them. So why not plan a biscuit food station where your guests can customize their biscuits with the best of the Southern toppings and fillings? They will definitely love creating their own perfect snack!
- BBQ sliders. Who doesn’t love a well-made pulled pork sandwich? We bet your guests will line up to grab a piece of this more than they would do with any kind of “fancy food” – precisely because this is the kind of comfort food that’s simply irresistible.
- Mini pies. Filled with bananas or raspberry, pumpkin or classic apples, pies will always be a favorite for everyone. Provide guests with a variety of mini pies and they are guaranteed to love the idea.
- Mini fried chicken and waffles. Looking for a typical Southern food, served in an adorably wedding-style way? Offer guests mini waffles topped with mini pieces of fried chicken – they just can’t say no to this Southern evergreen everyone loves.
Looking for a really amazing wedding venue in Gatlinburg? Contact Bluff Mountain Inn right now and book our special wedding venue for the most amazing day in your life. With us as your wedding venue, your Big Day is bound to be absolutely unforgettable and nothing less!