Are you a bride-to-be planning your wedding in Sevierville? If so, you definitely want your wedding gown to look absolutely perfect on you – but how do you do that? What are the things you should definitely do if you want to make sure your wedding dress looks really, really good, on you? We have gathered some tips for you – so continue reading if you want to find out more.
• Every bride needs her dress altered. This is not just a random tip, and it has nothing to do with your body shape or size. Truth be told, very few brides can actually fit into the stock version of their dresses – and that happens because we are all built differently. We are not meant to look exactly the same, and that’s fine. That’s exactly why wedding gown alterations were created for. • Finding a good seamstress is crucial. It doesn’t even matter how amazing your usual seamstress is – if she doesn’t have experience in altering WEDDING dresses, it’s probably best for you to go with someone who has. Your bridal boutique will most likely be able to offer you such services for a fee – but if they don’t have anyone in-house to handle this, they can definitely give you some great recommendations.
• Schedule your fitting appointments right. It is absolutely crucial that you don’t plan your last fitting too far from the wedding day. You might lose weight before the wedding date, and in that case, your last fitting will not be as “valid” anymore (and there might not be enough time for a new round of wedding dress alterations).
• Bring someone with you. Your wedding dress fitting entourage doesn’t have to be extremely large. On the contrary – one or two people whose taste you trust will be more than enough.
• Bring your accessories with you. And yes, that means the actual accessories you will wear on the Big Day: your shoes, your undergarments, and everything else. Bringing these will help your seamstress do the perfect alterations to suit you when you are wearing your entire bridal attire.
Looking for a gorgeous wedding venue in the Sevierville area? Contact Bluff Mountain Inn right now! Our beautiful wedding venue is ready to host your wedding day and make you and your loved ones feel fantastic under our roof. Contact us today and you will definitely love it here!
Here at Bluff Mountain Inn, we believe every couple is unique in their own way – and we just love it when brides and grooms bring their own personality into their Big Day.
For example, are you Star Wars fans? If so, have you ever considered having a wedding inspired by the famous movie? It can totally be done – and it doesn’t have to lose its elegance and beauty, in any way, actually!
How? We have some tips for you – so read on and find out more.
- The footwear. Thankfully, Star Wars is “popular enough” for you to be able to find pretty much anything related to it. A pair of socks with a Star Wars-related design for the groom and a pair of cute sneakers imprinted with the Millennium Falcon design – now, that’s a sweet touch that will show off your passion for Star Wars AND make you feel more unique!
- Lightsaber bouquets. How about replacing the traditional bouquet wraps with lightsabers? This will look so fun and you will definitely love walking down the aisle feeling like a Jedi Knight! If you want to, you can do the same with your bridesmaids’ bouquets as well – they’ll definitely feel just as cool as you do!
- Place card holders. Star Wars Lego toys can be found everywhere – so why not turn them into the perfect place card holders for a wedding themed around this movie? If you want to keep it uniform, only get the Stormtroopers to hold the place cards for your guests. It will look so cute!
- Princess Leia and Han Solo references. As one of the cutest couples ever, Princess Leia and Han Solo are definitely #goals for you and your loved one. How about bringing their love story into yours, for an experience guests won’t forget very soon? For instance, a wedding favor bag printed with the two Star Wars characters will bring a nice personal touch to your wedding favors. Likewise, you could get customized champagne flutes (“his” and “her”, with quotes from Han Solo, respectively from Princess Leia). So sweet!
Have you booked the right wedding venue in Sevierville? Contact Bluff Mountain Inn if you haven’t! We’re here to provide you with more than just a venue. We’re here to help you make your dream wedding come true, no matter what theme you may choose for it! Contact us today and you won’t regret it!
Being a bride is never easy – not only are there a lot of things to handle on your own, but you will also want to make sure that, after all the running around and planning, you simply want to feel absolutely amazing.
What are the items you should definitely include in your survival kit as a bride in Gatlinburg? We have gathered some of them right below – so read on and find out more.
- Dress fixes. Tearing your wedding dress at an end or having it stained with wine sounds like a nightmare come true for any bride. However, most of these situations can be fixed with a little help from your friends. Pack away needle and thread, as well as bobby pins to make sure you have something in handy to put your dress together if an accident happens. Also, be sure to pack chalk (to cover stains) and a stain remover (it can be a real miracle maker!).
- Makeup fixes. No matter how professional your makeup products are, you will still need to refresh throughout the day. Pack pressed powder for the T zone, a bit of blush to make yourself look fresh, a bit of eyeshadow to make your eyes pop, and a bit of lipstick to just add liveliness to your look. Also, if you are wearing falsies, be sure to pack eyelash glue as well – you never know when you might need it.
- Freshening yourself up. Don’t forget to include deodorant wipes, perfume, and other similar items in your SOS kit. You will be running around a lot (and dancing a lot!), so you need to make sure you feel fresh throughout the entire event. Also, pack some chewing gum, some painkillers, and maybe even some dry shampoo (but only use it if you are absolutely certain that it won’t ruin your hairdo – if it’s a complex hairstyle, you might not want to risk spraying the dry shampoo in it).
- Last, but definitely not least, keep in mind that you don’t have to keep all of these items on you all the time. Your Maid of Honor, your mom, or a good friend can keep these for you for when you need them.
Looking for a superb wedding venue in Gatlinburg? Come visit Bluff Mountain Inn and we guarantee you will fall in love with the marvelous space we offer up for your Big Day!
Your Gatlinburg wedding will only last for one day – but the memories you create on these special hours will last for a lifetime. And once all the stress and anxiety of the Big Day will be finally over, you will want to build new memories with your loved one – this time, far from everyone you know, just the two of you, on the perfect honeymoon.
How do you plan that, though? What are some of the most important things to keep in mind when planning the honeymoon? We have gathered them right below – continue reading if you want to find out more.
- Set a budget. It’s not fun, and after all the wedding planning (and budgeting) you’ve done, this is probably the last thing you want to hear. However, setting a clear honeymoon budget is very important because it will help you determine where to go, when to do it, and what to do there. Be honest and realistic with this – some locations are just more expensive at certain times of the year.
- What do you REALLY want to do on your honeymoon? You probably want to do it all: the sunbathing, the extreme sports, the city breaks, the hikes, the marvelous landscapes, and the amazing food. However, few locations can offer everything. And even if they do, they tend to be ultra-expensive, so you might not be able to afford it. Instead, focus on the top 3 things you both want to do on your honeymoon and find a location based on that.
- Be flexible. You don’t have to leave on your honeymoon as soon as the wedding is over. In fact, more and more couples choose to have their honeymoon many months after the wedding. For example, if you want to visit a location that’s best in spring, but you’re getting married in fall, you can definitely have a few months of “break” between your wedding and your honeymoon.
- Don’t over-plan. You’re going on your honeymoon to enjoy yourselves and feel great – not to follow a schedule. Sure, jot down the things you really want to do and see, but don’t make the entire honeymoon feel like a long tour on the clock.
Looking for a superb wedding venue in Gatlinburg? Contact Bluff Mountain Inn and come see the gorgeous venue we have prepared! Contact us and you will never regret your choice!
Your wedding food is absolutely essential for the success of your Big Day – so the last thing you want for your Gatlinburg wedding is for the food to be less than you want in terms of taste, looks, and freshness.
That is precisely why having a good tasting is a step that shouldn’t be forgotten.
What are some of the most important things to know about food tastings? We’ve gathered them right below – so read on and find out more.
- You can attend the food tasting with your fiancé, or with more people. However, our advice is to keep the entourage to a minimum – too many opinions (and even more, too many conflicting opinions) can be overwhelming, confusing, and downright stressful.
- Take your tastes into account, but don’t forget about your guests either. Unless you plan a very small wedding, it is impossible to know what everyone likes eating – but even so, try to stay away from things people are less likely to enjoy. For instance, if you eat your food super-spicy, probably tone it down for the wedding, so that all of your guests can actually take pleasure in consuming it.
- You can always add an even more personal note. For instance, if your grandma has a special cookie recipe everyone loves, you might want to include that in the wedding menu. Remember to leave a note and tell everyone the cookies are made by your grandmother (or after her recipe) – doing this will add such a nice, sentimental touch to your entire Big Day!
- Be specific, and don’t be afraid to provide polite, constructive feedback. Ask your catering provider for specific foods for the tasting, so that you make things easier (for YOU and for them as well). Also, if you think any of the foods could use a bit of improvement in your opinion, don’t be afraid to politely relay it to your catering manager. They will be happy to adapt!
Looking for the most amazing wedding venue in Gatlinburg? Contact Bluff Mountain Inn right now and come spent the most amazing day of your life surrounded by the gorgeous views of our wedding venue! Contact us today and come see what we offer – we guarantee you will NEVER regret having chosen us!