Planning the most amazing wedding is something you’ve probably dreamed of ever since you were a little girl and learned what weddings are. Now that you are finally face to face with your dream-about-to-come-true, though, you might feel there’s just too much confusion over the things you should (and shouldn’t) do.
What are the absolute essentials that make for perfect wedding receptions in Sevierville? We have 4 crucial tips for you right below – so read on and find out more.
- You may be tempted to skip this step – because you KNOW what you want and when you want it during the reception. However, putting it down on paper will give you clarity and it will help you organize things properly. Even more, it will help you share a clear timeline with your wedding vendors, so that they can coordinate with it.
- Allowing guests to take whichever seat they want is a trending idea right now – but if you want to be absolutely certain they’ll end up near someone they actually like, DO take the time and create a seating chart. The rules are pretty simple: bring together people who know each other (or at least who are compatible with each other) and keep apart people who are likely to not get along (e.g. people who used to date, for example).
- Make sure there’s enough space for everyone to move around and feel comfortable – and not just on the dance floor. Generally speaking, you should allow about 10-15 square feet/ person invited at the wedding, so keep that in mind when choosing the wedding venue.
- Since we were on the topic: take your time and choose a wedding venue that suits you from all points of view. These days, there’s something for just about every type of couple out there, so you can really find a venue that reflects your style, your personality, and your general likes and dislikes. Of course, décor will help a lot – but you still need a good canvas to “paint” your wedding day on!
Looking for that ideal wedding venue in Sevierville? Contact Bluff Mountain Inn and come visit us! We guarantee you will love every single inch of this amazing space! Contact us, see what we offer, and book us for your magical wedding day – you and your guests will feel excellent under our roof!
We want to be super straightforward about this: wedding planning will never be actually easy, especially when you want to do everything on your own. However, some things can make your life easier as you plan one of the most amazing events you will ever host.
Following, we have gathered some of the absolute essentials that are frequently forgotten when planning a wedding – so read on if you want to find out more.
- You don’t have to jump right into wedding planning from Day One. You have just gotten engaged, take your time to savor this moment and really seize every single inch of beauty surrounding you and embracing you and your emotions. There will be plenty of time for wedding planning, so spend your first days of engagement celebrating with your loved ones before you jump right into the budgets, wedding venue search, and color scheme options.
- Going the DIY route is not always the best idea. You can do it with a couple of details that can actually make a difference – but other than that, you might want to hire the pros and actually buy the décor. Remember, your guests will spend about four hours at your wedding reception, so they might not notice how much work you’ve put into all the small details if you go the DIY route.
- When it comes to wedding stationery, expect to pay about 5-10 % of your wedding budget on this. The more customized you want your stationery to be, the more expensive it will be. For example, letterpress, engravings, and other similar services will almost always end up costing you more.
- Beyond anything else, your wedding cake should TASTE amazing. So our advice for you is to prioritize the taste of the cake, rather than the looks (which can be adjusted in a million ways if you find a pastry chef that can deliver an absolutely delicious cake). Focus on finding the best cake chef in the Gatlinburg area and then talk to them about the cake décor options.
Looking for a stunning wedding venue in Sevierville? Contact Bluff Mountain Inn and allow us to help you host the most amazing wedding your guests have ever been to! Contact us and we promise you will love our wedding venue from A to Z – and so will your wedding guests!
Summer weddings are very, very popular – and for a large number of reasons. The high likelihood of sunshine, the abundance of flowers, the possibility to create a unique wedding menu based on actually fresh produce – there’s a very long list of things that will make you fall in love with the idea of a summer wedding.
What are some of the most important tips to keep in mind when doing this? We’ve gathered the top crucial summer wedding planning tips for you – so read on if you want to find out more.
- The heat will absolutely ruin everything. It really doesn’t have to be so and there are solutions for every single heat-related problem. For example, your cake doesn’t have to sit out in high temperature (you can get a “dummy” cake for the display and serve people sheet cake from the kitchen when the time comes).
- You can definitely wear long sleeves if that’s what you’re attracted to. Long sleeves are incredibly elegant and trendy right now, so it’s understandable if you’d like a dress that incorporates them. For a summer wedding you can opt for organza long sleeves, lace sleeves, and so on – they will not keep you too warm, but still offer you that sophisticated touch of a long-sleeved dress.
- You don’t HAVE TO choose a super-summer-y color palette. You can pretty much choose whatever color scheme you want – even one that’s based on the eternally elegant black. It’s all about the way you incorporate this into your entire wedding décor and how you make it work with the landscape and wedding venue.
- Last, but definitely not least, it doesn’t HAVE TO be all flowers and greenery. Sure, they are gorgeous, and greenery is a relatively inexpensive way of bringing energy into your wedding décor. But if you want something different, there are plenty of options for you. For instance, you could use books as wedding centerpieces, or a small vintage luggage on every table (if you’re a travel aficionado couple, for example). The only limit you have is your own imagination!
Looking for a gorgeous wedding venue in Sevierville? Contact Bluff Mountain Inn and we guarantee you will love every single inch of this superb wedding venue we have prepared for you here. Contact us, come see what we offer and book us! You will never regret making this decision!
Decorating a home and decorating a Sevierville wedding are different – but they show a lot of similarities as well. So, given that there’s not much to do with the wedding décor once the Big Day is over (aside from selling it), re-using some of the elements into your new home can be a really good idea.
What are some of the wedding décor items you might want to use as home décor as well? We have some ideas for you – read on and find out more.
- Succulents are very popular right now and they can work wonderfully especially for summer weddings, when you want to be absolutely certain your green décor won’t whither by the end of the day. Because they’re so resistant, succulents can be taken home and used as décor after the wedding – you can do this, or you can offer them to your guests in little containers (e.g. teacups) as wedding favors.
- Bulletin board. If you want to display your wedding guests’ seating cards in a cute way, this is it. A bulletin board is highly customizable, so it works with a variety of wedding themes – and it can work equally well in your home, when you want to organize information (e.g. you can use it in your home office).
- Water, soda, and tea dispensers. These beverage dispensers are almost indispensable for a summer wedding, especially when you want to bring that cute rustic touch into the Big Day. The best part about including these in your wedding day is that you can re-use them for the exact same purpose at home as well (to make fruity water, for example).
- Bar cart. If you want to create a really beautiful candy bar, a bar cart will surely be a great support. Plus, you can re-use it at home as well – to display sweets, or, why not, to display cocktail ingredients in your living room. This will be a wonderful addition at any party you plan on throwing at home in the future, so don’t be afraid to invest in something really nice!
Have you booked your wedding venue in Sevierville yet? If not, be sure to contact Bluff Mountain Inn and come see the splendid space we can offer for your Big Day! With us on your side, your wedding is bound to be absolutely memorable from all points of view!
There’s a long list of reasons you have chosen this person to be your Maid of Honor. She’s most likely your best friend (or at least one of them), she knows you very well, and, ultimately, you know you can count on her for anything – regardless of whether it’s addressing the wedding invitations or just offering a big hug and a sincere “it’s going to be OK”.
You want your Maid of Honor to be genuinely happy on your wedding day in Sevierville– but what are the things she wants you to know, even if she’ll never actually spell them out? We have some tips for you – read on and find out more.
- There is A LOT of drama going on behind you. But your MoH knows you’re already very stressed out and she is handling everything with the utmost grace and dedication. She takes her role as a leader seriously and coordinates all the bridesmaids to do everything you want them to do – and, in times of trouble, she knows how to deflate a conflict and make it look absolutely perfect in your eyes. She is, in many ways, your very own personal super-hero.
- This is all quite costly for her. Not only is she buying the dress and everything else she’ll wear on the wedding day, but there’s a big chance she has already footed the bill for a variety of bridal shower and bachelorette party elements as well. Ask her if she is OK with all of this – and ask her if there’s anything you can do to help her cut down the costs.
- She wants a dress she can actually feel good in – and that’s why she will definitely vote for a mismatched wedding party. Not only will this give her the opportunity to dress as she feels best in, but it will also help her narrow down the odds any of the other bridesmaids rises against your decision (because they will have the chance to wear their design of choice as well, so they’ll have nothing to argue against).
Have you booked your Sevierville wedding venue just yet? If you are still planning and on the lookout, be sure to come and see what a splendid place Bluff Mountain Inn is. Elegant and surrounded by nature, our venue is a dream come true – so you will absolutely love it, from the first moment you see it for the first time.