Your wedding food is absolutely essential for the success of your Big Day – so the last thing you want for your Gatlinburg wedding is for the food to be less than you want in terms of taste, looks, and freshness.
That is precisely why having a good tasting is a step that shouldn’t be forgotten.
What are some of the most important things to know about food tastings? We’ve gathered them right below – so read on and find out more.
- You can attend the food tasting with your fiancé, or with more people. However, our advice is to keep the entourage to a minimum – too many opinions (and even more, too many conflicting opinions) can be overwhelming, confusing, and downright stressful.
- Take your tastes into account, but don’t forget about your guests either. Unless you plan a very small wedding, it is impossible to know what everyone likes eating – but even so, try to stay away from things people are less likely to enjoy. For instance, if you eat your food super-spicy, probably tone it down for the wedding, so that all of your guests can actually take pleasure in consuming it.
- You can always add an even more personal note. For instance, if your grandma has a special cookie recipe everyone loves, you might want to include that in the wedding menu. Remember to leave a note and tell everyone the cookies are made by your grandmother (or after her recipe) – doing this will add such a nice, sentimental touch to your entire Big Day!
- Be specific, and don’t be afraid to provide polite, constructive feedback. Ask your catering provider for specific foods for the tasting, so that you make things easier (for YOU and for them as well). Also, if you think any of the foods could use a bit of improvement in your opinion, don’t be afraid to politely relay it to your catering manager. They will be happy to adapt!
Looking for the most amazing wedding venue in Gatlinburg? Contact Bluff Mountain Inn right now and come spent the most amazing day of your life surrounded by the gorgeous views of our wedding venue! Contact us today and come see what we offer – we guarantee you will NEVER regret having chosen us!
Planning the perfect wedding menu lies at the very foundation of the experience you want to offer your guests. However, with so many options and things to keep in mind, saying you want the perfect menu is often easier than actually pulling it off.
So, how do you plan the perfect wedding menu? We have gathered some tips for you – so read on if you want to find out more and create a Big Day menu that will have all of your Gatlinburg wedding guests asking for more.
- Sit down plated dinners are fine if you want an ultra-elegant, rather stiff wedding. However, at the same time, it is worth keeping in mind buffets have a lot less advantages than many people like to believe. For instance, some brides think buffets are cheaper – but in reality, guests end up eating more, which consequently means the bill will be higher as well.
- Furthermore, buffets tend to be really messy and they can seriously disrupt your day-of schedule. Some guests will line up for the food as soon as it’s served, others will come to take their serving later, and meanwhile, some other guests will be lining up for a second serving as well. That can really disrupt everything during the wedding – including the dance sessions and entertainment.
- Probably the best solution is to serve a seated dinner, with entrees and side dishes placed in the middle of the table (also called a “family style” dinner). Not only will this feel cozy and organized at the same time, but it can actually help guests break the ice as well (e.g. they will be asking each other to pass the plates).
- The best wedding menus are the unexpected ones. They are consisted of foods people don’t expect from the bride and groom (or at a wedding in general). These menus combine different flavors and tastes, they combine different cultures, and, in the end, they reveal the couple’s personal tastes and personality.
- If you are looking to save money on your wedding menu, try focusing on heavier hors d’oeuvres. They are delicious, they keep the guests full and happy, but they usually cost only a fraction of an actually seated meal.
Looking for the best wedding venue in Gatlinburg? Contact Bluff Mountain Inn right now – the splendid natural landscape and the beauty of our venue will surely conquer your heart!
Wedding planning is stressful – that is a universal truth even psychologists agree with. However, it doesn’t have to be a complete turmoil – even if you haven’t hired a professional wedding planner who would otherwise help you plan everything from A to Z, it is still important you have friends and family who would be more than happy to make sure you are happy too.
So, what are some of the things your friends and family can do for you throughout the entire wedding planning process? Read on and find out more, so that you plan the most amazing wedding in Gatlinburg!
• Ask them to shop for the dress with you. In general, it is best to keep your wedding gown shopping entourage as small as possible – but that doesn’t mean you cannot invite a friends whose taste you trust (and most importantly, whose opinion you trust). This will make them feel really special, and it will definitely help you in the planning process as well.
• Invite them to do a reading during the day. Some of your closest friends and family members may not have made it to the wedding party – but that doesn’t mean they cannot be part of the wedding day per se. For instance, you could ask them to do a reading for you – this will make for such sentimental, unforgettable memories!
• Ask them to show off their skills. Do you have any friends who can sing, play an instrument, cook, bake, or anything along those lines? Of course, you will want to hire professionals for these wedding elements – but how about adding even more personality and candor to your wedding and inviting your talented friends to show off their talents too? For instance, your friend could play a song at the reception!
• Ask them to get ready with you. Getting ready for the wedding will be hugely emotional – so you definitely want to be surrounded by your closest friends and family. Ask them even if they’re not part of the wedding party – they will be happy to join in and share your emotion with you!
Looking for a superb wedding venue in Gatlinburg? Contact Bluff Mountain Inn and allow us to be the ones who will host the most amazing, unforgettable and fun day of your entire life. Contact us today – you won’t regret it!
Many times, Sevierville brides and grooms feel obliged to do a lot of things – from wearing the white dress because it’s the tradition to inviting a lot of people they don’t actually know because that’s what their parents want.
What happens when it comes to the wedding party, though? Are there people you just feel you have to include in this special VIP group of the Big Day? Well, your instincts may be good on this, actually. We have gathered some tips to help you make the right call – so read on to find out more.
- Spouses and life partners. OK, just because you invited someone to be your bridesmaid or groomsman, it doesn’t mean you have to do the same with their significant others as well – not unless your own SO is good friends with them and wants them in their side of the wedding party.
- Parents and godparents. You love and cherish them – and you’re definitely thankful for having been raised by such amazing people. However, it isn’t necessary to invite them to be part of the wedding party itself. They’re already hugely important for the course of the entire Big Day, so they will have their own special roles to play throughout the event.
- Former college friends. You got along with your sorority sisters and roommates – but that doesn’t mean you have to invite them in your wedding party, especially if you aren’t that close to them anymore. Invite them to the wedding, sure, if you want to – but don’t feel pushed into inviting them to be your bridesmaids or groomsmen.
- Your SO’s opposite sex friend. It’s perfectly fine to be OK with your SO having an opposite sex friend. But if you’re not that close to them, you don’t have to feel like they have to be part of your side of the wedding party. We’re more than certain that, as true friends, they will understand the situation and they will not even mind not being included in the wedding party.
Have you found the perfect wedding venue in Sevierville? If you are still searching for the right one, be sure to come and visit Bluff Mountain Inn. Our superb wedding venue will offer you a dream-like Big Day in the Smokies – surrounded by the splendor of nature and the people dearest to you. Contact us today!
Your bridesmaids are very, very important. They are the ones who will be right there, by your side, at the altar. The ones that will announce your entrance down the aisle. The ones who will help you send the invitations, as well as the Thank You notes.
How to choose your bridesmaids? Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Don’t think numbers. Old wedding etiquette said there has to be a particular number of bridesmaids for the number of the guests. However, this doesn’t stand true anymore. The same happened to Maid of Honors too (you can have two of them, they don’t have to be unmarried, or even women for that matter).
- DO take availability into consideration. If one of the proposed-to-bridesmaids says she won’t be able to be very involved in the wedding planning, consider this. Are you OK with it, or do you want all of your bridesmaids to be fully involved in planning? If you’re not OK, talk to your friend about this.
- Don’t feel obliged to add anyone to your wedding party. If they are a relative and if your mom or his mom insists on it, you might want to consider it at least. If you know your mom or his mom would get really upset over this, try to add that person to your bridal party (if not as a bridesmaid, then at least as an usher, wedding ceremony reader, and so on.
Looking for a beautiful wedding venue in Gatlinburg? Contact Bluff Mountain Inn right now, and come see the splendid mountainside wedding venue we have here! You are bound to love what we offer here, from every single point view. The landscape, the elegance of the venue, the quality of the services – they’re all expecting you here!