Planning the perfect wedding menu lies at the very foundation of the experience you want to offer your guests. However, with so many options and things to keep in mind, saying you want the perfect menu is often easier than actually pulling it off.
So, how do you plan the perfect wedding menu? We have gathered some tips for you – so read on if you want to find out more and create a Big Day menu that will have all of your Gatlinburg wedding guests asking for more.
- Sit down plated dinners are fine if you want an ultra-elegant, rather stiff wedding. However, at the same time, it is worth keeping in mind buffets have a lot less advantages than many people like to believe. For instance, some brides think buffets are cheaper – but in reality, guests end up eating more, which consequently means the bill will be higher as well.
- Furthermore, buffets tend to be really messy and they can seriously disrupt your day-of schedule. Some guests will line up for the food as soon as it’s served, others will come to take their serving later, and meanwhile, some other guests will be lining up for a second serving as well. That can really disrupt everything during the wedding – including the dance sessions and entertainment.
- Probably the best solution is to serve a seated dinner, with entrees and side dishes placed in the middle of the table (also called a “family style” dinner). Not only will this feel cozy and organized at the same time, but it can actually help guests break the ice as well (e.g. they will be asking each other to pass the plates).
- The best wedding menus are the unexpected ones. They are consisted of foods people don’t expect from the bride and groom (or at a wedding in general). These menus combine different flavors and tastes, they combine different cultures, and, in the end, they reveal the couple’s personal tastes and personality.
- If you are looking to save money on your wedding menu, try focusing on heavier hors d’oeuvres. They are delicious, they keep the guests full and happy, but they usually cost only a fraction of an actually seated meal.
Looking for the best wedding venue in Gatlinburg? Contact Bluff Mountain Inn right now – the splendid natural landscape and the beauty of our venue will surely conquer your heart!